The Hamilton Farmers’ Market is deeply rooted in Hamilton’s history. It was originally founded in 1837, later relocated to 35 York Blvd., and recently underwent a revitalization to update the facility. The new farmers’ market is enclosed in a contemporary façade and adjoined to the Hamilton Public Library facility. To highlight its presence, Entro designed a distinctive new identity for the site. The idea was to create a modern appearance while embracing the look-and-feel of chalkboard signage, typically used in traditional market settings.
The market itself combines modern customs with tradition; cooking demonstrations and culturally diverse food offerings are interspersed with vendors selling locally grown produce. The contemporary-classic identity design communicates a traditional farmers’ market that integrates well with the modern architecture.